Have you always wanted a really lightweight way to publish websites? Site44, a startup product built by Steve Marx and Todd Proebsting.
What is Site44?
Site44 turns Dropbox folders into websites. You pick a domain for your website, Site44 creates a folder for it in your Dropbox, and then you publish by just dropping content into that folder.
What Site44 does not do is host server-side code, like PHP and ASP.NET. It’s for pure static sites.
You edit your HTML locally (in Dropbox), and your website is always up-to-date. It’s an “Absurdly simple web hosting” which I think it’s the best way to sum up what Site44 is trying to do.
Here are some use cases:
- Web designers sharing their designs with clients
- Web developers/designers standing up a quick site (e.g. guess.site44.com, typewriter.site44.com)
- Individuals putting up “about me” pages or resumes (eg. kennetham.site44.com)
- Bloggers hosting their blogs
- Businesses publishing a home page
I have created a sample site on site44.com and I am pretty amazed myself! Check it out this week, tell your friends about it!